Thursday, March 15, 2012

Track Workout - 5.25 Miles

So I needed to log 5 miles today.  Where to run?  How about the North Park University track, I thought.  The track was crowded with one person running clockwise and the rest of us runners running counter clockwise.  Also a mother and daughter walking team were taking up the two inside lanes. It's always an obstacle course at the track. :-) Anyway, I ran one mile at 6:13/mile pace and a 1/2 mile at 5:57/mile pace.  Not blazing by any means, but I have logged 52 miles in the 4 days prior to today, so I was simply happy to get two semi-quick runs in and stay injury-free.  Plans for the rest of the week:  Swim tomorrow, short shakeout run Saturday then the March Madness Half Marathon on Sunday.
5.25 Miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment