Saturday, March 31, 2012

Boston 2012 Taper Continues: 3.3 + 10.7 = 14 and Notting Hill

Well, I missed my weekly goal by 8 miles (45 instead of 53), but I took 3 rest days.  They were the first rest days since Jan 3.  In between then and now I had, 83 consecutive days of running, swimming or cross country skiing.  Anyway, the mini-taper hit me hard today.  After my morning 3.3 miles and 1 hour yoga session, I had to take a 2 hour nap.  Then it was onto the couch to watch "ION TV's" back to back airings of "Notting Hill" with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.  One observation:  Where are the cell phones in that movie?  Surely it wasn't made so long ago that they did not have cell phones.  A couple minor plot points could have been resolved if they had cell phones.  Anyway,  I think there was an apprehension in Hollywood in the first 10 years of cell phone use to include them in films.  Now they are everywhere in the movies.  But I digress...  Anyway, I was slogging through that film, trying to get the will/energy to go run, and it was very hard to get off the couch.  Normally, I am raring to put in a few extra miles, but today was different.  Well, after too much sappy "Notting Hill" I eventually got out the front door and it was a hard 10.7 to North Ave. beach and back.  Snapped a photo though:


Hope I am able to get some energy back to finish this thing off in a respectable fashion.

14 Miles for the day.  45 Miles for the week.  The taper continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment