Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wrigley Field with Snow. Preparing to Party....

Things are going well. Every day my ankle feels a little bit better (knock on wood). I am now 99% certain I will somehow be able to finish the Boston Marathon. My training now consists of propelling myself forward for an hour a day using a combination of running, walking, swimming, biking, or even skiing. Whereas before it was just running. When I get to the start line in Hopkinton, MA I want to be fit enough to finish. I might not have punished my legs enough to run 26.2 miles, but I will be fit enough to cross the finish line and collect my medal.

After I get my medal, I will take advantage of the huge post-race party, which last year was held in the evening at Fenway Park in Boston. So, in anticipation of the party at the baseball park on 4/15/2012, I ran to our own neighborhood ballpark, Wrigley Field.

Opening day is a month away
Snow was just starting to fall. To the left of me (about 100 yards away) is an ice rink.
This is a shot of the baseball field with snow. Looks like they are doing some construction behind home plate.

 I ran a total of five miles followed by a gym workout and then a swim.  I am preparing to party!

12 comments:

  1. Wooohoo! Hope to see you and your medal at the post-race party in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We'll have to have a celebratory beer there! I will probably have to drag myself to the venue, but I'll make it somehow!

      Delete
  2. Hee hee hee. I hope the snow is gone at BOTH diamonds by the time of the race! :)

    Very happy to hear Boston is definitely a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too much snow on the diamond might be a problem for the post-race party. However, I have always dreamt of running a marathon in a snowstorm. That would be so cool, especially if I'm not running for a goal finish time!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh boston marathon, what an epic race!! Very glad to hear you're feeling more confident about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am feeling more confident every day, I just need to pace myself until then!

      Delete
  4. A post-race party at Fenway sounds awesome! And I love doing a 5 mile loop to Wrigley, but it is SO weird to see snow on the field! Hard to believe we're so close to opening day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is one of my favorite loops when I need to lay down a 5 miler! :-)

      Delete
  5. Planning to party, that is a training plan where I have no motivation issues. Love your attitude for Boston, it WILL get you across the finish line to the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just keep thinking "party" and all is possible even a marathon! :-)

      Delete
  6. Yay, I'm glad you're all in for Boston. Like I told you during our run a couple of weeks ago, ENJOY IT! The whole thing! For all of the slow people who will never ever get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will plan on it! You'll make it one day too (that is if you ever start running marathons again!)

      Delete