Tuesday, October 5, 2021

First Solo Run in a Year

This morning, I went out for the first run all by myself in at least a year. I had run a handful of times with my dad in the past 12 months, but this was the first "training" type run I've done since smashing my toe in September 2020. I walked about .25 miles and ran 1.5. Overall pace was 11:05 for the 1.75 miles. We'll see how sore I am later today!

The reason I'm running again? I'm looking at doing a 5k next weekend and in order to not just walk it, I want to get my legs in shape so I can at least do a run/walk or a very slow run.  

Since the run was so short and I had extra time before work, I jumped on my bike once I got home and rode 4 miles on the river trail.



I'm loving the river trail so much, I may have to change the name of this blog!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I didn't realize you weren't running anymore! Glad to see you're finding it again.

    ReplyDelete