Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Kegger and a Run

I ran along Ravenswood Ave again by "Brewery Row". In the courtyard behind Dovetail Brewing I saw a stack of old school wooden kegs:

Dovetail Kegs

My run/walk was yet another 4.5 miles. During the run I was trying to figure out my pace for Sunday's 5k. I'm thinking of 9:00, 8:30, 8:00, 7:00. I don't want to overdo things and want to finish strong.  The course is rather hilly in miles 2 and 3 so those paces may be a tad aggressive, but I think they're doable. I'm afraid of not knowing my pace, since when I was running consistently, I used to have them down to pretty much the second. My fear is wheezing and stumbling down home stretch because I went out too fast. The bottom-line is that I just need to have fun with this race and enjoy my first "comeback" race!

No comments:

Post a Comment