Thursday, October 14, 2021

5.4 Miles Before my 5k

I ran my last training run before my 5k on Sunday. I ran/walked 5.4 miles. The goal was to build endurance which I think I accomplished.  From day to day, I can actually feel my lungs getting stronger and better able to handle more and more training load. This was the icing on the cake of two weeks of training.

I'm just going to try and take it easy for the first half of the race and then try and pick up the pace for the second half. Goal is to feel good for most of the race. Now it's time for my mini taper!

In other news, a neighbor salvaged a 120 year old support beam from my house. He made a Halloween decoration with the beam (in front of his house) using a homemade "Warning Rats" sign that are seen throughout the alleys of Chicago. I thought it was clever. I snapped the first pic after my run and the other last night.

The support beam this morning

Last night




No comments:

Post a Comment