Thursday, October 28, 2021

Four Miles to Boost Me

After a year of not running, and now suddenly running 3 or 4 times a week, I'm starting to notice the little aches and pains that come along with running regularly.  Besides the general leg and hip stiffness, my toe (the one I broke last year) is starting to flare up and I'm trying to decide whether to take a few days off to let it heal. I might have to take a few days off anyway, since I'm getting the booster this weekend and if it's anything like the first two rounds, I won't feel like running for at least a short while.

This morning I ran four miles to Belmont and back along the river trail.

Belmont bridge view at the trail terminus

I may try and squeeze in one more run tomorrow before my booster on Saturday. Thereafter, I may be out of commission for 3 to 5 days.

4 comments:

  1. Your body probably just has to get used to running more regularly again, so there's definitely no harm in resting!

    Good luck with the booster! I'm getting mine on Sunday and am a little worried about feeling crappy again too (but it's still much better than the alternative).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, resting is something I never took seriously until the last few years. Thanks, post-booster I'm feeling a little sore and sluggish but otherwise not as bad as shots #1 and #2. How you feeling?

      Delete
    2. Glad you're feeling okay! Same here - my arm really started hurting last night and I was exhausted pretty early in the evening, but otherwise pretty good.

      Delete
    3. Good to hear that you had minimal side effects as well!

      Delete