Sunday, March 31, 2013

February vs. March

What a difference a month can make. 

My Easter lakefront run 3/31/13
Since I was injured, February was mostly about cross training.... 
Skiing on Montrose Ave. 2/22/13
Or short runs with really fun breaks....
Chicago Running Blogger meetup at Half Acre Brewery 2/23/13
Whereas March was more about...

Long runs in search of ice pancakes...
Lakefront 3/3/13
Running an Actual Race...
Get Lucky half marathon 3/16/13
and seeing great sunrises on long runs...
Sunrise over Lake Michigan 3/22/13
But mainly February was mostly about being in "Injury Jail" and March was about feeling like I escaped! 

I'm looking forward to an even better April.

February Days Run: 6
February Total Mileage: 21

March Days Run: 28
March Total Mileage: 178


14 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a jump in mileage! I'm glad you were able to get more runs in, but you probably needed more brewery breaks this month too (I think we all do!). I'm off to enjoy my own holiday run in a bit. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe too much of a jump? I guess I am trying to control my running urges, but still may be over-doing it. Would love another brewery break. Maybe post 4/15? Hope you had a good run. Happy Easter!

      Delete
    2. I'm traveling/running races for most of April so early May would be good!

      Delete
  2. That sunrise picture is absolutely amazing. WOW.

    Take care of yourself for Boston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will try and stay healthy, sometimes it is not easy during taper time, but I am optimistic! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love the pic of you skiing on the sidewalk! HEHE! Thanks for your awesome pics. Looks like we need to all have a city run plan soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm in for a city run, whenever! :-)

      Delete
  4. As always, LOVE all your photos!

    I'm so happy you are out of injury jail and are finally getting back to normal training just in time for Boston. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too. I got out of "jail" just in the nick of time! :-)

      Delete
  5. Yay! What an improvement! So happy that you did "break free" and get back on track running-wise :)

    That sunrise pic is fab! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You February and my February were similar (injury jail!)... glad you are back out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad March went better for you! And that's a great sunrise picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sunrise photo. Holy cow, Boston takes place next weekend!?!?!? So excited now that you are in the final stretch of your preparations!

    ReplyDelete