Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yoga, a 12 Miler and the Fellowship of Runners

Ran from Tula Yoga studio on Milwaukee, east along North Avenue to Oak Street Beach and home.  As I was making the turn around the "S" curve just south of Oak Street Beach (10 feet from the lake) another runner came towards me, lowered his scarf and said "Careful, it's extremely icy on the turn!"  Since one slip would theoretically put me in the freezing lake water, I heeded his advice and slowed down and turned around.  He stood there and made sure I made the turn safely. Gotta love the fellowship of other runners. One may have saved my life.

  12 miles total.  Final 5k: 23:39
Total Miles for the week: 40.5
In front of "Exit Chicago" on North Ave. The marquee says "Chicago's Original Punk Club Since 1981 Open 365 days 'til 5am.

North Ave. Beach


The "S" curve is just past the white band of snow in the distance.



No comments:

Post a Comment