Thursday, January 12, 2012

10.5 miles. The Calm Before the Storm?

10.5 mile run by the lake today. There were not even a tenth as many people as there were on the lakefront trail on the weekend.  Today the trail was populated mainly by bike commuters.  
One statistic I used to measure during my training (about a year or two ago) was the final 5k of my training runs.  This helped to keep me more focused on the last 2 or 3 miles of my run, at precisely the time that I would to drift oft mentally and physically.  Getting a solid final 5k out of my training runs helped to ready me for those times when I needed to push through the last few miles of a race.  

The final 5k of my run today was 22:26.


Just before the storm at Belmont Harbor
Mostly bike commuters on the lakefront trail this morning
I guess I scared the ducks a little.  They took flight as I approached.





No comments:

Post a Comment