Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday: Two Runs with Yoga In-Between

Early Morning:  Blisteringly hot and sunny today.  Almost too hot. My winter training plan is to wear 7 lbs. of  clothing (including utility belt and large water) for every run.  Today, this has given way to short sleeves and shorts.  Since I am running lighter and the air is warmer, I tend to turn on the speed, which is not good for the joints and muscles, especially at this early stage of my training.  So of course, I ran too fast, running 4.2 miles around Welles Park at a 7:10 pace.  Should have been aiming for 8:00/miles, but could not help myself.  I like speed too much.

Mid Morning: Yoga at Tula in Logan Square.  Ah, sweet stretching....

Afternoon:  4.2 miles to North Park University outdoor track and back.  This time more slowly. 4.2 miles @ 7:48/mile.  Stopped at antique store on the way.

Total Miles for the Week: 24.56.

No comments:

Post a Comment