Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chicago Marathon Training: Week #1

So, the answer is "Yes", I will be training for the Chicago Marathon. After all, I will be profiled for the Chicago Tribune's Chicago Marathon edition and how lame would that be if I didn't run the actual race? I also got lots of positive encouragement from other bloggers, so I decided to test the ankle out and see how far it will take me in the next 7 weeks of training. Last week, I ran a total of 15.7 miles 8:08 pace. Nothing spectacular, but it's a start and I think my ankle was able to handle the load.
Blue sky
Tables at Fullerton
This morning (technically week #2 of marathon training), I did a run/walk to the lake to see all of the air and water show hub bub. Not much was going on, I think the lack of military jets this year may have cut back on the crowds. 

Looking South

This morning my run/walk to the lake and back was 10 miles at 8:38 pace.

This one is for Gingerfoxxx: Republic Services, servicing Fullerton Ave. and LSD

Lake Michigan Reflection
So, I'm super excited to be back running and especially to be back on the Trail again. Only seven more weeks, we'll see how this goes.

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome news! I'm glad that you are able to run again! And, congrats on being profiled by the Trib! I look forward to reading the article and reading how your training goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How cool you'll be in the Trib- post the link when it's up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume the Trib profile will come out closer to the marathon. I will post it when it comes on-line!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, what's this about the Tribune? You'll have to tell us all about it during pint night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first few weeks I imagine must be big confidence boosters! I welp like a spoiled child just feel rusty after a few days, and here you are all bold and strong! I envy that!
    See you at Pint Night tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am bold, I guess (or foolish). I have to work on getting strong! See you tonight.

      Delete
  5. Ah, so that's what that tweet about #WRCE in the Tribune was about! Can't wait to hear more about it over a really expensive free beer tonight :)

    The thing that strikes me in this post is just how happy you look to be running again! I'm glad you decided to go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know and I need to find an expensive, yet good tasting beer! I guess I do look happy...I just hope it lasts... :)

      Delete