Sunday, May 12, 2013

Two Runs under Blue Blue Skies

I ran my long run this morning along the lake, with the sky as blue as I can remember. The temps were fantastic for this time of year, hovering in the upper 40s to low 50s.

North Avenue Beach House
Hancock Building
Break Wall
Navy Pier
Sea Gulls
I did the run-walk-run method (5 min run, 35 second walk) again and still did a quality workout.  I am thinking that for the time being, my long runs will all include a few walk breaks. 15 miles at 7:56/mile.

I took a nap after my run. In the early evening, the weather was still incredible, so I ran through my neighborhood. 2.25 miles at 7:45/mile. Hope this weather hangs on for a little while longer!

9 comments:

  1. Solid photos from the run! Looks relaxing. Question - I just noticed a sign for the Nike Recovery Hut or something like (a blue sign), I haven't found the place, any idea what it is? Do they refill your swoosh power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The only Nike "swooshes" I am aware of are the ones on the "Lakefront Trail" signs!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Double! I am loving the cooler weather too. I might get a double in today, since it's going to be hot tomorrow. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to squeezing in doubles while the weather is this good! Boo to hot weather, but I guess it was going to get here eventually... :(

      Delete
  3. Nice double! I'd certainly take advantage of the weather too! Lovely photos as always. I just hope the cool weather sticks aroun longer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, it looks like the cool weather is going away, unfortunately!

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Do you live right on the lake? SOOOO pretty! I don't get into the city very often, so living through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No I don't live right on the lake, but I would love to someday! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures!! Nice miles!

    ReplyDelete