Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ahhh, 70 degrees! Well, at least for a few minutes...


Started my run this morning at around 8am.  It was overcast and according to my house thermometer, the outdoor temp was a relatively cool 70 degrees!  So I made my way to the to the lakefront.  Unfortunately, the sun came out and the temps started to soar.  Had to walk twice during my 9 mile run.  By the end of my run the temps were in the 80s.  Oh well, the cooler temps were nice while they lasted.  

The last time I trained seriously was in March, so as of now, I am not used to running in the heat. I will definitely need to acclimatize to the hot temps soon so that I can do some heavy duty marathon training in July, August and September. See pic of the last of the clouds leaving the city, as things were about to heat up:

The sun came out and chased the clouds away...
Total Miles for the day: 9 at 8:03 pace (includes 2 walks).

No comments:

Post a Comment