Sunday, July 15, 2012

11 Mile Lakefront Run

I ran an 11 Mile LSD* along LSD** starting at 7:45am this morning.  This was my last double digit run until the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon next Sunday.  It was a hot and crowded by the lake, which when I think about it, are the ideal training conditions for a race which promises to be hot and crowded!
Not a cloud in the sky...

At my 5.5 mile turnaround around North Ave. beach

Lakefront Crowds near the North Avenue pedestrian bridge

11 miles total.  8:03/mile pace

*Long, Slow, Distance run
**Lake Shore Drive

2 comments:

  1. I am already dreading the squish factor of RnR. I am just hoping the if it chooses to be hot (like it will) it will at least spare us some of the humidity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, low humidity and maybe some cloud cover for the RnR would be nice. I know this weather forecast means very little since it is 6 days out, but the gov't is predicting 75 degrees at race start with 79 percent humidity. See: http://tinyurl.com/7nkoj7t

      Delete