Saturday, December 29, 2012

Runnin' in the Snow

Nice and easy medium length run to and from the lakefront. We had a dusting of freshly fallen snow. I'm back from muggy Florida and I am like a kid in a candy store here in Chicago. It doesn't get much better than this for running weather!

Yay, snow!
Ice plant by the lake
 
Wish I'd brought my x-country skis to the lake!
 
Another Icy plant
 
Skyline

Irving Park Brown Line "L" Stop

Cafe 28 Sign
Classic Movie Posters by the "L"#2

Classic Movie Posters by the "L" #1
 
Ravenswood Building

Classic 1950's Chop Suey Joint "Orange Garden"

The neighborhood Bierstube

7.5 miles total.

7 comments:

  1. wowee, look at that snow to run in!!
    I have yet to be brave and hit the road outside when it's like that..ahhh, good for you!!
    Happy New Year coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is fun, at least for now! Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I went running yesterday morning and my part of the trail (near balbo) was completely salted. Your section would have been perfect to ski on!

    Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And were you out there last Friday morning? Someone in a blue jacket told me to be careful around the turn between Oak st/North Ave beach. Though it might have been you. I had a green puffy jacket on.

      Delete
    2. I don't think they salt the area I took pictures at. It is not technically the Lakefront Trail. It is east of the Waveland Golf Course between Montrose and Belmont Harbors. I did run on Friday, but not to the lake. It must have been someone else! :-)

      Delete
  3. Nice pics! I ran in the "snow" this morning, but we only got a dusting in the south burbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I guess we got a little more "lake effect" snow here.

      Delete