Monday, May 23, 2022

Training for a 10k (and a one miler)

I've actually been running the last month, trying to get ready for a 10k next weekend (6/4). I haven't participated in the "Run for the Animals" since the 2019 event. I think this may be the first year in a long time that it's not part of the CARA circuit. It has been replaced on the circuit with the new Bank of America Half Marathon. Unfortunately both races are on the same weekend. I would have liked to run the new BOA Half since it seems to be a tour de force of the West Side of Chicago, which is a place that I've never raced (although I did run there when I worked in the West Loop). I'm definitely not in half  marathon shape right now, so it's probably best that I'm only doing a 10k. 

On Sunday, I completed the most miles I've done in a single run since October (7 mile run/walk) and it was spectacular late May weather: ~60 degrees and partly cloudy. I hadn't been on the LFT since the fall, so it was nice to get back out there. I took a few photos.




I'm toying with running a one mile race next Monday (Memorial Day). We shall see....

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back out there chasing some miles! I'm not going to race anything for a while after a very intense spring. Maybe a 10k trail race up at Devil's Lake. We'll see.

    Good luck, Pete!

    ReplyDelete