Monday, November 15, 2021

Six days away from my 10k

It's hard to believe the Lincolnwood Turkey Trot 10k is only six days away. Yesterday, the day got away from me with projects, and I missed my long run. However, it was probably a good thing that I missed it as I was tired all day even without doing my run. Maybe I should consider doing long runs every other Sunday instead of every Sunday? Rest is so key. Today I came to the realization that it's more important to ensure my legs are "fresh" for the 10k - my endurance will be whatever it will be.

I need to trust my race instincts will help me modulate my pace on race day. It doesn't matter if my pace is 10:00/mile or 8:00/mile. I just want to run a strong race all the way through.

In any case, it was 28 degrees and clear this morning, so I headed out to do five miles. I was able to run most of it, with only a couple of walk breaks. One of which was to take in this view from Belmont.

Enjoy the Silence

I think I'll do one more run on Wednesday and then rest until Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday, I did a trail run with another woman; I've been doing run/walk intervals but instead she paced me to a sub-11m/m 5 1/2 mile run. I felt like I won a race, lol! Just like you said, I didn't care about pace, I wanted a strong run. I got one. You will too! Good luck on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some speedy run/walk intervals! Yes strong runs (and run/walks) are much preferable to poorly paced runs! Thanks Wendy!

      Delete