|My Wurst Track Club workout last week (number of attendees: 1)|
My (potential) summer race schedule:
- Roselle Run for the Roses 5k 6/1/14 (May run) I would run this one mainly to try and score some CARA points for my running team - Bootleg Runners Coalition. However, since it's only a 5k, it will be a popular race and lots of speedy runners will be there, so I may not place too high. The trek all the way out to the burbs for 19.5 minutes of running might not be worth the effort for a single point or two.
- 13.1 Half Marathon 6/7/14 (Registered) also a CARA race. I ran this last year after winning a free entry, and as luck would have it, I won another entry this year! I initially had some lofty goals of besting my 2014 Indy Mini Marathon time of 1:29, but since I have not had much mileage lately, I may use it as a fast training run and just be happy with a 1:30 to 1:35 instead.
- Run for the Stars 5k 6/14/14 (May run) I may trek out to the 'burbs to run this 5k with my dad. I would not taper for this one = purely be for fun.
- Dennis Krzykowski Memorial 5K Run 7/4/14 (May run) I've run this four years in a row and am looking forward to the fifth installment. It's in Wisconsin and there are plenty of brats grilling and there is a raffle afterwards for cases of Wisconsin beer. Another draw to this race is that there is a massive uphill over the last half mile. Completely a lung buster, but it's unlike any 5k I've run in Illinois.
- Rock and Roll Half Marathon Chicago 7/20/14 (Registered) Despite being held in the late July heat, this is my favorite half marathon, since the course winds its way through downtown Chicago. I had an absolute blast last year running with Xaarlin and Sara.
After that, I am going to keep August open to focus all of my attention on Chicago Marathon training. My goal for August will be to try to pound out as many PR marathon pace miles as possible. I may throw in the Chicago Half Marathon in September as a tune-up race.
Anyone else have any fun races planned for the summer?