Friday, June 15, 2012

Longest Run in Two Months - Eight Miles

This morning, I ran the longest run I have done in two months. Eight whole miles!  Did not feel too bad. Maybe the swimming I have been doing in addition to my low mileage runs has built up my endurance more than I thought.  Short runs are sweet, the recovery time from short runs is a matter of hours and not days compared to the 12 to 16 milers. However, I will need to do a few of those higher mileage runs before the Rock 'n Roll Half Chicago next month if I hope to have a decent finishing time.  Anyway, got a pic from today's run overlooking the entrance to Belmont Harbor.

2 comments:

  1. Smart move getting them in early! Its supposed to be beautifully sauna like all weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the earlier the better as far as the temps are concerned. Looking forward to November and the lower temps that time of year. Winter is my favorite season to train. :-)

      Delete